Sunday, September 12, 2004

More Stories from Central Park

Over 300 volunteers assisted with the Eyes Wide Open Exhibit in NY city.

Magie Dominik wrote eloquently about the exhibit in Central Park where both the boots and shoes were placed in orderly concentric circles. She writes:

"Few people walked through the display, most lingered on the outside, speaking quietly or silently staring. Workers separated mounds of boots and moved them to appropriate sections. A pair on a bench to my left had a tag attached with the name "Martin." In another area, a woman called out to a co-worker, "I have an extra pair of boots, I have an extra pair," as if she held a life in her hand. There would undoubtedly, and unfortunately, be a name attached to the pair before the month was over, possibly within the hour." Read her whole essay at Common Dreams.


4 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

I look for blogs as great as your work. Fine
blog. I found your site suitable for another visit!
It may look like it was hard work, but my low cost conference call blog was simple.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Exciting blog. Your site was amazing and will be
back again! I never get tired of looking for blogs
just like this one.
Everyday of the month you need to peep my blog.

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Captivating blog. I love surfing the web for the
type of blogs that you do. It had me on the edge of my
seat and I kept going back to again and again!
My low cost conference call blog, is something you need to peep out!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Inspiring blog. I love finding blogs this good on
the internet, when I have the time. I'm going to go
back to it!
Please discover my low cost conference call blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home