Thursday, February 24, 2005

Trauma of War

I met Debbie Lucey in Washington DC when the memorial was there. She said that when her brother Jeffrey returned from fighting in Iraq, he had to go through an intake process in the states. He was asked if he had seen any dead and who they were.

He answered that he has seen dead people. They kept refusing to discharge him and they kept asking the same question. He kept saying dead people.

Finally someone came by and said that if he wanted to get out, he would have to respond "dead soldiers."

Since he wanted to go to his sister's wedding, that's what he answered. A few months later he committed suicide, distraught over the fact that he had killed people.

8 Comments:

At 2:48 AM, Blogger Dominicans resources said...

FREE Wordpress Hosted Blogs With 10 Customised Templates To Choose From at Blogsilla.com

stick people

Free unlimited number of blogs

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Erik Mann said...

I was searching for blogs that had Dallas, TX in them and came across yours. I live in Dallas and have a self defense school. I like the posts on your blog, so I've bookmarked it to stop back by periodically. Take care.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger David Pakman said...

Hey, excellent website. A great Iraq resource is Deaths in Iraq. It breaks all of the casualties down by age, race, branch of the military, country, etc.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger David Pakman said...

Hey, excellent website. A great Iraq resource is Deaths in Iraq. It breaks all of the casualties down by age, race, branch of the military, country, etc.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Charming blog. Your site was off the chain and I
will return! When I get the time I look for blog like
this one.
I know that you love my work so, look up my blog.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

I look for blogs as great as your work. Fine
blog. I found your site suitable for another visit!
Please proceed to my low cost conference call blog when you find the time.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Erik Mann said...

I was looking for blogs referring to Dallas and found yours. Great blog! I'm in Dallas and here's some info about me

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Erik Mann said...

I was looking for blogs referring to Dallas and found yours. Great blog! I'm in Dallas and here's some info about me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home